This is a REPOST from last week. Please take notice of the FOUR bullet points that specify the guidelines for successful participation:
Wednesday Projects in Drama – (Musical Theatre Song Study)
In order to participate, you will need to commit to the following guidelines:
- Choose a musical theatre song selection from the list.
- Complete the Song Information Sheet
- Download and print the music from my blog.
- Download the vocal piano accompaniment track from my blog.
“There Are Worse Things I Could Do”, Grease
“And All That Jazz”, Chicago
“Wherever He Ain’t”, Mack and Mabel
“Colors of the Wind”, Disney’s, Pocohantas
“Part of That World”, Disney’s, The Little Mermaid
“Maybe This Time”, Cabaret
“As Long As He Needs Me”, Oliver
“If My Friends Could See Me Now”, Sweet Charity
“Good Morning Baltimore”, Hairspray
“In My Own Little Corner”, Cinderella
“All I Need is the Girl”, Gypsy
“Almost Like Being in Love”, Brigadoon
“Love, I Hear”, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
“On The Street Where You Live”, My Fair Lady
“Cool”, West Side Story
“Luck Be a Lady”, Guys and Dolls
“Real Live Girl”, Little Me
“All That’s Known”, Spring Awakening
“Ten Minutes Ago”, Cinderella
“Waiting for the Light to Shine”, Big River
“Mr. Cellophane”, Chicago
I will do an initial coaching with each of you, where we’ll cover the notes, rhythms, etc. and set the foundation for your ONE in-class coaching with Mr. Adams. If you need it, I will record the vocal line onto your personal device.
- · This preparation should help you in time for your in-class coaching with Mr. Adams.
- · Once you have chosen your MT selection, you MAY NOT switch it.
- · Each song selection is either a 16-bar or 32-bar cut, NOT the full song. You will study only the song cut.